HOW WE TEACH
In our innovative educational ecosystem, we cultivate a unique approach to learning that goes beyond traditional methods.
Seven Key Points developed by European and Nepali experts
Vajra Academy has developed its own curriculum. In addition to the government curriculum, Vajra Academy has set up the Seven Key Points:
1. The goal of education in the Vajra Academy is to educate students in a way that will make them competent graduates.
2. The curriculum is dynamic and flexible. Classes don’t have more than 30 students.
3. There is no discrimination of cast, gender and/or religion and nobody is physically or mentally punished or abused. Teaching and learning is student-centred and innovative. Concepts that are used:
ABC (Anticipation, Building knowledge, Consolidation)
3H (health, happiness, and high performance).
Project-based learning (theory along with practical: activity-based)
4. Workshops and counselling sessions for teachers and staff are organised regularly.
5. The social attitude of all students, teachers and parents is enhanced by first-hand involvement in social activities in projects from the School or other organisations.
6. A green and eco-friendly environment is an important goal.
7. Quality education is continuously enhanced by watchful planning and evaluation.
The Vajra Academy is internationally awarded as a Changemaker School, the only one in Nepal and among 300 globally. Changemaker Schools focus on Core values as empathy, teamwork, creativity and leadership and are considered the most innovative schools in the world. They train to become changemakers, for whom there is an urgent need in the 21st century.
Spacy class rooms
Maarten OlthofFounder Patron
"I am ecologist, teacher and enterpreneur. With my Vajra Foundation I have built 9 schools in Nepal. Our dream project is the Vajra Academy, the First Green and Eco-Friendly school in Nepal. This school is delivering high skilled gradualted with a social attitude and awareness about the challenges of our time. Exactly the graduates the 21st century needs! That’s why the Vajra Academy is internationally recognised as the only Changemaker School in Nepal (out of 300 globally). My foundation has done many other projects in Nepal, like building a hospital, health posts, drinking water facilities and treating tens of thousand patients in health camps. We have also realised the biggest solar cooking project in the world in eastern Nepal. For these activities I have received a High Royal Decoration from the Dutch King. We make a difference."
Affiliation with foreign Schools
We create a safe environment in which students love to learn. There is no beating as punishment. The students help each other, they are like one family!
Knowledge has to be combined with a balanced character. That’s why meditation is part of the curriculum. This way students become aware of their unique capacities and how they can contribute to the world.
Extra Curicular activities
Music, dance, sports, bird watching etcetera are activities organised outside of the regular curriculum.
Chinese is strategically taught to improve the future prospects of the students, considering the global significance of Mandarin. It is compulsory for grade 4-7 students.